This experiment is designed to tet how many drops of water can be dropped onto a penny without the water falling off the penny. I predicted that 6 drops from a water dropper would be all. What actually happened was it held 32 drops of water before it overflowed. I think it took so much water to overload the penny because of surface tension, or water "sticking" together because it is polar.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Penny Surface Tension
This experiment is designed to tet how many drops of water can be dropped onto a penny without the water falling off the penny. I predicted that 6 drops from a water dropper would be all. What actually happened was it held 32 drops of water before it overflowed. I think it took so much water to overload the penny because of surface tension, or water "sticking" together because it is polar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment